- Comprehensive ENC database
- Non-profit operator with competitive pricing
- ENC services delivered via an international network of authorised distributors
- A wide variety of user-friendly tools for simple ENC distribution and sale
- Innovative solutions developed with our partners
- Full control over their own ENC data for our member hydrographic offices (HOs)
- Policies determined by our member states
- Cooperation with other regional ENC coordinating centres (RENCs)
About PRIMAR - FREEDOM TO CHOOSE
PRIMAR is an international collaboration dedicated to providing a consistent and reliable electronic navigational chart (ENC) service, and operated on a non-profit basis by the Norwegian Hydrographic Service (NHS) in close cooperation with Electronic Chart Centre AS (ECC).
Our core aim is to support authorised partners with flexible, user-friendly, efficient and timely solutions. This ensures that end users are provided with an ENC service which is recognised for its quality and for its overall contribution to marine safety and efficiency at a global level.
In pursuing this vision, we focus on giving our partners freedom to choose between a variety of services and solutions. The primary aim is to make data available to everyone at a reasonable cost in order to enable value creation and safety at sea.
Although the technology is advanced, the idea underlying our service is simple. We gather all ENCs in a single database and create a one-stop-shop for distributors and users of such charts. This has allowed us to acquire a leading role in providing the best navigational solutions for the world's merchant fleet, navies, marine pilots and government agencies.
Get in touch for more information about us or read our brochure below.