- Comprehensive ENC database
- Non-profit operator with competitive pricing
- ENC services delivered via an international network of authorised distributors
- A wide variety of user-friendly tools for simple ENC distribution and sale
- Innovative solutions developed with our partners
- Full control over their own ENC data for our member hydrographic offices (HOs)
- Policies determined by our member states
- Cooperation with other regional ENC coordinating centres (RENCs)
We are one of the world's two regional ENC coordinating centres (RENCs). A RENC compiles ENCs from national or international hydrographic authorities, validates the data and manages ENC distribution through appointed resellers.
RENCs were invited by the International Hydrographic Organisation (IHO) to coordinate the efforts of hydrographic offices (HOs) in order to deliver electronic chart data to end users in a reliable and cost-effective manner.
Our activities are based on bilateral agreements with several states as well as on direct licence and distributor agreements with other HOs and distributors.
Our RENC is operated in accordance with the worldwide electronic navigational chart database (WEND) principles established by the International Hydrographic Organisation (IHO).
The IHO defines the purpose of the WEND as "to ensure a world-wide consistent level of high-quality, updated official ENCs through integrated services that support the chart carriage requirements of SOLAS Chapter V and the requirements of the IMO performance standards for ECDIS".
Our goal in providing freedom to choose directly corresponds with the WEND principles of ensuring that mariners, anywhere in the world, can obtain fully updated ENCs for all shipping routes and ports around the globe, and that ENC data are available to users through integrated services.